Friday, September 7, 2012

Ideas

I always like to have something witty, thought provoking or just entertaining (to me, anyway) to write about.  

Today is not that day.

I had a few ideas but they seemed rather blase.  Then I started thinking, 'do people even  read the editorial part or do they just skip on down to the FMF?'  With such limited time in folks' lives, should I scrap the side dish and just serve up the meat?

I always hoped the top part, what with my wit and charm, would win people over and they would say, "Boy that Piggy fellar sure does spin a good anecdote."  I could hear the guffaws in my mind from the low-brow crowd, could see the winks of those who got the high-end absurdity.  Repost after repost on social networks and micro blogs would expose my sarcasm to the masses.  I would be the next Garrison Keillor, Lewis Grizzard or Larry the Cable Guy!

But alas, I couldn't think of any ideas to put me over the top.  I guess we'll just have to give the uber-capitalist what they want.  So pause that episode of Pawn Stars or Storage Wars on Netflix and lets get on with Flea Market Flippers.  Yipp...ee.

While ya'll are enjoying it, I'll just sit over hear, basking in my awesomeness bubble made for one.

For any newbies, the rules are thus:
1.  I show a picture of something I've picked up at a yard sale or flea market, what I paid for it and any neat story associated with the item.
2.  The item goes on eBay.
3.  You speculate what it might bring, boom or bust (basic free-market economics).
4.  The winning speculator gets to gloat to their friends.

Western Electric 3-slot Payphone Lock (Box Lot of Padlocks $15 soooo around .75 cents)
When I saw this box of about 20 old padlocks, I didn't give these (there were 4) a second glance.  We'll see how this one does.

2012 Bowman Platinum Wil Myers Red Refractor #11/25 (Minty Fresh out of $3 pack)
I love finding shiny things in packs of cards.  Especially hot prospects with low-serial numbers.

 Sega Genesis Contra: Hard Corps Game ($5 at a variety store)
I could be wrong but this could be one of the first Mature Audience labeled games.



3 comments:

  1. I'm cheering for the lock because the thought of rooting for a baseball card is against everything I stand for, and the video games??? Well...I never got those things. Now locks, that I get! Come on lock!!!

    Great post btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this was posted WAY back on Sept.7th wonder how the ol' locks a doin'? I'm w/ Carrie! Lock lock lock!(can you hear the keys chanting?)The trouble I have w/ buying cool things is I can NEVER part w/ them cause they are just so dang unique! Right now I m trying to think how I can put that lock to use~ I have went through several handy ideas already...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't give away the results until the next show. If we did, the producers would cry. You'll just have to check back.

    ReplyDelete