Sunday, July 3, 2011

Independence Day Decapitation (& FMF results)

When I was a kid, my dad would sometimes buy fireworks for the 4th of July, though never the big grand ones. One year my parents invited an elderly couple from church over to eat and watch the meager selection of explosives light up the sky (lighted matches thrown in the air were most times more exciting). The one we were most excited for this particular year was the Saturn Missiles, a box of about one dozen tiny firecrackers shooting out of their respective tubes to blow up in rapid succession. With all of us seated behind him, dad lit the fuse. As soon as it was lit the box fell off. Whether it was knocked off or not is unclear but what I do know is that it was pointed right at the elderly couple (and us kids, but that's not as dramatic). In his panic, dad turned to run as the rockets took off. Losing his bearings, he ran right into the neck high clothesline and was, well, clotheslined, completely flipping him on his back. All the while, the Saturn Missiles were flying wildly while everyone hit the deck themselves for cover. If you've seen the Pixar movie, A Bug's Life, this was reminiscent of the circus scene where P.T. Flea (voiced by John Ratzenberger) does "Flaming Death". Pure chaos.

Now, on to Flea Market Flippers!

Last week we had a Rainbow Brite card game, Super Mario DS and Sega Star Control. The Results:
Rainbow Brite Giant Card Game. Paid .10 cents. Sold for $1.84.
Nintendo DS New Super Mario Bros. w/case. Paid $8.00. Sold for $16.50.
Sega Star Control Game complete. Paid $3.00. Sold for $2.47.

As you can see, Mario wins, hands down. Disappointed in in the Sega Game, but it wasn't much of a gamble. This week's FMFs are:

Vintage My Little Pony Sleeping Bag (paid .50 cents):
Photobucket

Disney Store Finding Nemo Squirt Plush (paid .25 cents):
Photobucket

Hollister Cutoff jeans shorts size 0 (paid $1.00):
Photobucket

(Don't know what's going on with the diff. size pics. Oh, well)

Didn't find any video games this week so kind of a bummer. You can check the eBay auctions under my handle, bbohnsfactory.


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'll buy the shorts from you :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the funniest family stories! My dad always said, 'fireworks are like blowing up your money'. I don't have many 4th of July memories. I think I'll steal this one and make it mine! :)

    On to 'Flea Market Flippers'. I didn't make a good guess last week. This week I'm going with the 'My Little Pony sleeping bag'. You're going to make the biggest profit on this!

    ReplyDelete